The first edition of the Luum Awards, the first advertising festival to exclusively reward the best creative works with social and environmental content from all 5 continents, was a success. European’s participation in this festival – held at the Hilton Convention Center in Geneva, Switzerland was also a success. The 2021 Luum Awards had 80 top-rate judges with the interesting task of selecting the best creative promoting social and environmental issues, which are increasingly becoming of more interest to our society.
European agencies stood out in a competition with participation by agencies from Andorra, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Germany, Guatemala, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Lebanon, Lithuania, Mexico, Marocco, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, United States, Venezuela, and Zambia.
The gold medals were distributed as follows in each category: (28) Essence of the Message, (25) Health & Wellness, (9) Causes, (10) Human Rights, (13) Planet, (12) Society, (11) Institutional Communications y (4) para Designs for a Better World.
The european agencies that took home gold medals from this festival were:
- GettingBetter (Spain) 866 pts won 2 golds with the case “#NoMoreMatildas” for AMIT.
- Edelman (United Kingdom) 843 pts with the case “Wildlife Watch” for Samsung and with the case “#BuybackFriday” for IKEA.
- Bum Agency (Spain) 663 pts with the case “We are creating a monster” for Agència Catalana de l’Aigua and with the case “Toxic relationship” for BADALONA MAR
- Nordlid (Denmark) 440 pts with the case “Ask Before You Share” for Homme Homme Femme Femme / Save The Children.
- Bruketa&Zinic&Grey (Croatia) 408 pts with the case “Drinkers Pay Their Way” for Croatian Institute for Public Health.
- Acuam (Spain) 402 pts with the case “Pacientalia” for Acuam.
- Mindshare (Spain) 393 pts with the case “The Ultimate safety test” for Volvo.
- Imille Srl (Italy) 387 pts with the case “Instagram History” for Milan Stumbling Stones Committee.
- The Amazing Society (Sweden) 379 pts with the case “Swan your life!” for Nordic Swan Ecolabel.
- Apple Tree (Spain) 352 pts with the case “Retratos” for Bankinter
- 360 Agency Berlin (Germany) 334 pts with the case “The Beyond Your Clothes Campaign” for The European Union.
- Grow (Spain) 307 pts with the case “Stay with me” for Spanish Red Cross.
- Jorge M. Rodrigo Ad Studio (Spain) 300 pts with the case “Émile” for Campaign against suicide.
The golds shortlist were distributed as follows by networks: Ogilvy (9), BBDO (8), DDB (7), Saatchi & Saatchi (6), Havas (5), Dentsu (4), VMLY&R (3), Cheil (3), McCann (2), Edelman (2) y Mindshare (1).The agencies in the network with the most gold medals were: (5) ALMA DDB (USA), (4) Dentsu Kenya/Tessera Communications, (4) Garnier BBDO (Costa Rica), (4) Havas Health & You (Brazil) and (4) M&C Saatchi (United Arab Emirates). The agency that managed to take home the most gold medals was ALMA DDB (USA). The independent agencies with the most gold medals were Inbrax (3), Porta (3), Limbiko (3).
The advertisers of the year were: 1: Greenpeace. 2: Alcaldía de Guayaquil. 3: Change the Ref. 4: Red Cross. 5: Techo. 6: Amnistía Internacional. 7: Malaria no more UK. 8: AMIT. 9: Taco Bell. 10. PKBI.
Congratulations to the winning advertisers and cases that proved that advertising is a powerful agent of change and that it is much more than just promotion or branding tool.