For the sixth edition of the WINA festival, that will take place on June 10 and 11 in Dubai (United Arab Emirates), the festival organization decided not to charge agency registration nor for the shipping of awards to the winners. The agency can submit their entries (up to 7 at no cost). That is to say, only the winners will pay for the rights to the awards won. With this decision, WINA contributes with the imminent reactivation of creative industries, which have gone through several difficult months due to the pandemic.
The categories will be assigned one day before the judging takes place
WINA will have 108 judges from 5 continents for this year’s festival, that will be divided between 18 categories, including CV Covid, which will undoubtedly have a very active participation for this edition. The categories will be assigned one day before the scoring process’; this way, the festival proposes a method that allows judges whose agencies also participate to not be assigned to judge categories where they have submitted pieces, thus avoiding any kind of suspicion.
Learn more about some of the judges that will evaluate the work of some of the best independent agencies and multinational networks on the planet:
- Barbara Sala, Europe Strategic Connections and Media Director (Coca – Cola) – Italy
- Johan Wendborg, Founder – CEO (Sunny at sea) – Sweden.
- Hagall Muniz, Creative Director (MullenLowe MENA) – United Arab Emirates.
- Angela Farrelly, Founder (Disruptive Unicorns) – New Zealand.
- Anish Varghese, Chief Creative Officer (Isobar India) – India
- Jason Foo, Founder – CEO (Bastion Collective) – UK.
- Thor Borresen, Marketing Vice- president (AB Inbev) – Colombia
- Frederico Roberto, Executive Creative Director (Interweave) – UK.
- Joao Camacho, Executive Creative Director (Tonic International) – United Arab Emirates.
- Abhinay Bhasin, Vice President (South Asia), Data Sciences (Dentsu International) – India
- Rodrigo Gonzáles, Associate Creative Director (The Community) – U.S.A
- Pablo Maldonado, Executive Creative Director (Wunderman Thompson) – United Arab Emirates.
- Felipe Ortiz, Creative Director (Cheil Chile) – Chile
- Matjaz Butara, Potential Management Director (Big Bang Slovenia) – Slovenia.
- Auxi Barea, Director of Social Media and Branded Content (La Despensa) – Spain.
- Istvan Bracsok, Chief Creative Officer and Founding Partner (White Rabbit Budapest) – Australia.
- Odin Saillé, Founder & Creative Director (Mutant) – Belgium.
- Oscar Castañeda, CEO (Castillo de if) – Guatemala
- Oscar López, CEO & Founder (Acuam Healthcare) – Spain.
Activities in the WINA World Independent Advertising Awards 2021:
Sign up to make contacts, business and friends during the WINA 2021 award ceremony, international conferences, Opening Cocktail, Closing Party and International Festival of Young Talents. This face-to-face agenda may be modified in whole or partially, depending on how the pandemic evolves and the recommendations of international medical organizations.
If the in-person event is cancelled, the award ceremony will be held online via Youtube, Facebook and partner media channels.
The agency registration are now open: February 2, 2021
Entry closing date: April 29, 2021
Award ceremony: June 11, 2021.
More information: [email protected]