The first edition of the Luum Awards, the first advertising festival to exclusively reward the best creative works with social and environmental content from all 5 continents, was a success. American’s participation in this festival – held at the Hilton Convention Center in Geneva, Switzerland was also a success. The 2021 Luum Awards had 80 top-rate judges with the interesting task of selecting the best creative promoting social and environmental issues, which are increasingly becoming of more interest to our society.
American agencies stood out in a competition with participation by agencies from Andorra, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Germany, Guatemala, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Lebanon, Lithuania, Mexico, Marocco, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, United States, Venezuela, and Zambia.
The gold medals were distributed as follows in each category: (28) Essence of the Message, (25) Health & Wellness, (9) Causes, (10) Human Rights, (13) Planet, (12) Society, (11) Institutional Communications y (4) para Designs for a Better World.
American´s agencies that took home gold medals from this festival were:
- Alma DDB (USA) 1.912 pts won 5 golds with the cases “Friendly Prescription” for Paws4U, “Bad Influencers”, “Ballots Against Bullets” and “One Cookie Per Kid” for Change the Ref.
- LERMA/ (USA) 370 pts with the case “Safeword Colonoscopy” for Colon Cancer Coalition.
The golds shortlist were distributed as follows by networks: Ogilvy (9), BBDO (8), DDB (7), Saatchi & Saatchi (6), Havas (5), Dentsu (4), VMLY&R (3), Cheil (3), McCann (2), Edelman (2) y Mindshare (1).The agencies in the network with the most gold medals were: (5) ALMA DDB (USA), (4) Dentsu Kenya/Tessera Communications, (4) Garnier BBDO (Costa Rica), (4) Havas Health & You (Brazil) y (4) M&C Saatchi (United Arab Emirates). The agency that managed to take home the most gold medals was ALMA DDB (USA). The independent agencies with the most gold medals were Inbrax (3), Porta (3), Limbiko (3).
The advertisers of the year were: 1: Greenpeace. 2: Alcaldía de Guayaquil. 3: Change the Ref. 4: Red Cross. 5: Techo. 6: Amnistía Internacional. 7: Malaria no more UK. 8: AMIT. 9: Taco Bell. 10. PKBI.
TOP 15 WINNING AGENCIES AT THE 2021 LUUM AWARDS
- Alma DDB (United States) 1.912 pts
- 2. Dentsu (Kenya) 1.688 pts
- Garnier BBDO (Costa Rica) 1.562 pts.
- Inbrax (Chile) 1.245 pts.
- Porta (Chile) 1.236 pts.
- CHEIL (Panama) 1.142 pts.
- Ogilvy (El Salvador) 1.119 pts.
- Agencia Límbiko (Ecuador) 1.112 pts.
- GettingBetter (Spain) 866 pts.
- Method an Madness (Singapore) 849 pts.
- Edelman (United Kingdom) 843 pts.
- VMLY&R (Colombia) 827 pts.
- M&C Saatchi (Indonesia) 820 pts.
- La Familia (Chile) 802 pts.
- Havas Health & You (Brazil) 786 pts.
Congratulations to the winning advertisers and cases that proved that advertising is a powerful agent of change and that it is much more than just promotion or branding tool.