The WINA (World Independent Advertising Awards) organization has decided not to charge agencies for registration or awards for this edition. The winners will only pay for award rights for each award obtained. With this decision, the festival seeks to actively contribute to the imminent revival of independent creative industries that have experienced some very difficult months due to the pandemic.
Category assignment to judges will be another new development. Starting with this edition, the judges will be assigned to the categories 24 hours before the evaluation. With this development, the festival looks to ensure that judges whose agencies also participate in the festival, do not judge categories where their agency submits pieces. This way, participants and judges will have greater peace of mind during the evaluation process.
The sixth edition of WINA will have 18 vice presidents, 18 presidents and 72 members on the judges’ panel from five continents, who will evaluate 18 categories, including a COVID category, which udoubtedly will have very active participation for this edition.
It is worth mentioning that only independent agencies and networks can participate in the WINA festival, but traditional multinationals such as Dentsu, Ogilvy, MullenLowe, etc. are taken into account in the selection of judges.
Learn more about some of the judges that will evaluate the work of some of the best independent multinational agencies and networks on the planet:
- Barbara Sala, Europe Strategic Connections and Media Director (Coca – Cola) – Italy
- Renata Florio, President – CCO, Ogilvy – USA.
- Johan Wendborg, Founder – CEO (Sunny at sea) – Sweden.
- Hagall Muniz, Creative Director (MullenLowe MENA) – United Arab Emirates.
- Angela Farrelly, Founder (Disruptive Unicorns) – New Zealand.
- Anish Varghese, Chief Creative Officer (Isobar India) – India.
- Jason Foo, Founder – CEO (Bastion Collective) – UK.
- Thor Borresen, Marketing Vice- president (AB Inbev) – Colombia.
- Frederico Roberto, Executive Creative Director (Interweave) – UK.
- Joao Camacho, Executive Creative Director (Tonic International) – United Arab Emirates.
- Abhinay Bhasin, Vice President (South Asia), Data Sciences (Dentsu International) – India.
- Marcelo Droopy – CCO – Cheil Brazil
- Rodrigo Gonzáles, Associate Creative Director (The Community) – USA.
- Pablo Maldonado, Executive Creative Director (Wunderman Thompson) – United Arab Emirates.
- Felipe Ortiz, Creative Director (Cheil Chile) – Chile.
- Matjaz Butara, Potential Management Director (Big Bang Slovenia) – Slovenia.
- Auxi Barea, Director of Social Media and Branded Content (La Despensa) – Spain.
- Istvan Bracsok, Chief Creative Officer and Founding Partner (White Rabbit Budapest) – Australia.
- Odin Saillé, Founder & Creative Director (Mutant) – Belgium.
- Oscar Castañeda, CEO (Castillo de if) – Guatemala.
- Oscar López, CEO & Founder (Acuam Healthcare) – Spain.
Agency registration: Active
Case registration opens: March 5
Case registration closes: April 29
Award Broadcast: June 11
More Information: [email protected]